Nominees will be vetted by the current Board and screened to determine if they meet these minimum eligibility requirements:
- Be a dues-paying member for at least 3 months prior to the vote.*
- If you have never been a member of Empower DC you must join by September 4, 2021
- Be willing to fulfill the duties of the Board including monthly Board meetings, participation in fundraising, oversight & guidance of the organization
- Not be an elected official (including ANC Commissioner). Elected officials are ineligible to serve on the Board.
- Not have any conflicts of interest that would interfere with their capacity to serve the organization to the best of their ability.
- Interviews will be held with all eligible nominees.
- The current Board will determine which nominees to include on the ballot.
- The board election will be held December 4, 2021 at the Annual Membership Meeting.
- Dues-paying members will elect the new Board officers.
*Unsure if your membership is active? Please contact our Operations Director Frances: [email protected]. Click here to become a member.